If severe weather is in the forecast, take precautions to assure your safety and comfort. Here are some steps you can take to prepare for inclement weather.
- Make sure your Pioneer Electric has your correct telephone number on file. If you need to update this phone number, please contact a Pioneer Member Representative at 800-239-3092 or click here.
- Place Pioneer's Report An Outage phone number, 800-533-0323, and your Pioneer Electric account number in a prominent place for easy reference.
- Activate contingency plans for patients with a medical necessity for electric power. Have a back-up source for medical devices and a plan to evacuate to a facility that is not affected by the power outage.
- Keep batteries, flashlights, a first-aid kit, and a battery-powered radio or TV in your home.
- Keep a supply of canned or dry food on hand along with a manual can opener.
- If you depend on a well, fill bathtubs or other large containers for household use, like flushing commodes.
- Remember to charge your mobile phone in case phone and power lines go out.
- Fill your gas tank before a storm arrives, as gas pumps do not work if electricity is out. Automatic teller machines will also shut down if the power fails, so have cash on hand.
- Make sure your children understand the danger of downed power lines. Have them visit Kids Korner for fun and informative safety lessons.